Light FestivalOn Saturday, November 22nd BMO Harris Bank Magnificent Mile Light Festival will take place. This family friendly event will feature:
- Family friendly activities in Lights Festival Lane
- Rockin’ concerts by top musical artists on the BMO Harris Bank Stage
- A grand Tree-Lighting Parade down Michigan Avenue marshaled by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse from Walt Disney World Resort in Florida
- Fireworks Spectacular show over the Chicago River
- The best holiday shopping
- ABC7 Chicago’s broadcast of the tree-lighting parade airs in 85% of the United States, so viewers can relive the magic throughout the holiday season!
Tree LightingOn Tuesday November 25th, Chicago’s prestigious Magnificent Mile will be glowing from top to bottom with holiday lights for the official Daley Plaza Christmas Tree lighting. The City of Chicago has selected the Atkinson family tree from Elgin, Illinois to serve as this year’s Christmas tree.
This highly-anticipated event draws people of all ages to the heart of Chicago’s downtown “Loop.” Live performances and festive holiday music begin at 4:30pm and the holiday season officially commences at 5pm, when the switch is flipped and the lights begin to sparkle in Daley Plaza.
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
50 W. Washington St. (Washington and Dearborn)
Chicago, IL 60602
Live performances and music begin at 4:30 pm; Tree will be lit at 5 pm
and the event is FREE!